1537 – 1526 – 1611 – King James New Testament Leaf
Pastor John Rogers assembled in 1537 a volume that contained, for the first time as part of a complete Bible, all of William Tyndale’s translation work, the 1534 New Testament, the Pentateuch, and the nine historical books, ending with 2 Chronicles. Where there were gaps in Tyndale’s work, Rogers used that of Miles Coverdale (1535).
Archbishop Thomas Cranmer saw to it that the Matthew’s Bible was shown to King Henry VIII, who then licensed the complete Bible in English. Thomas Cromwell, Henry’s Viceregent for church affairs, subsequently encouraged bishops to order copies of the Matthew’s Bible for their churches. Such official sanction sparked tremendous demand for the book.
- Facsimile of an excellent copy of the 1537 First Edition Matthew’s Bible
- Clear, legible type throughout (the marginal commentary is in smaller type)
- Authoritative new preface
1526 Tyndale New Testament
- Co-publication with the renowned British Library
- Facsimile of one of only two complete copies from Peter Schoeffer’s 1526 printing, held in the British Library’s collection
- Features clear, legible type and original, color illustrations
- Authoritative new introduction by David Daniell (Emeritus Professor of English Language and Literature at University College London; founder and first Chairman of the Tyndale Society)
- Ribbon marker
1611 King James
- Word-for-word faithful to the original 1611 Authorized King James Version
- A handsome page design with clearer semi-modern type and decorative initials is convenient to read and reference
- The text is complete with the Apocrypha, the original preface, and translators’ notes. Alfred Pollard’s classic essay on pre-1611 English translations and the history of the Authorized Version is also included.
King James Quarto New Testament Leaf
A leaf from one of the earliest printings of the original King James Bible: printed between 1614 and 1649 in England… these leaves are well over 370 years old. They each come with a beautiful Historical Brochure containing a Certificate of Authenticity signed by the founder of the World Bible Society. The King James Bible remains the greatest book in the English language and the best-selling book of all time. It is in fact, the only book with over one billion copies in print, and this leaf is from one of the first several thousand to be printed. Whether framed and displayed in your home or given as a wonderfully unique gift: it is sure to draw attention.